Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Future Of Music


Here's something I stumbled upon while surfing the interwebs tonight. The video itself is more of a teaser than anything but there's more on the RE:GENERATION site if you're interested.

My two cents: I've always been a fan of classical music and, having experience as a band nerd, I have been exposed to it for the majority of my life. With this new age of music that's shaking its way across the globe, I have been wondering what the future of music would be. Seeing a project of this design, incorporating a very new form of musical expression with those that have been around for decades (if not centuries), is very exciting because of what it has to offer. Electronic music already draws inspiration from countless sources, but to see them turn the tables around and have DJs produce more conventional music styles is definitely something I want to see more of. Hopefully Hyundai will eventually provide more that <2min videos related to their project.


Since I hate leaving without throwing a free tune your way, here's Mustard Pimp's take on classical music.

The Barber Of Seville - Largo Al Factotum (Mustard Pimp Remix)

NOTE: I wasn't aware of this song's affiliation with Jersey Shore until looking it up. If you or someone you know has had this song ruined as a result of this forced association to such a terrible example of television programming... slap them/yourself for watching such a stupid show. Then check out my Dexter post and start watching one of the best shows TV has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment