Monday, October 24, 2011

Free Music Monday #4!!!

Like vegetables, ample amounts of bass are necessary to maintain a balanced diet. Keeping that in mind, it's time for your weekly serving of free music! This week I'm dishing up some hearty portions so grab the biggest spoon you can find and chow down!


These first two bangers come from DJ/producer Jomekka. He's a new face for the dubstep scene but his hip-hop beats and massive drops make him one to watch for. His album 'Dinosaurs Love 808s' was released back in July and a bunch of his tunes are free to download on his Soundcloud page so be sure to check that out if you like what you hear!
*Jomekka - Corbin James Feland Bass*


*Jomekka - Dinosaurs Love 808s - Mega Bite*

Like Jomekka on Facebook
Jomekka's Soundcloud


Here's a new collaboration between Datsik and Bassnectar that takes me back to when I first started getting into Dubstep. The reggae vocals and theme bring back visions of smoke plumes rising casually out of concert crowds. If you've partaken in the "secret" hit-n-pass at a recent show and didn't get caught, pat yourself on the back and light up. This one's for you!
*Datsik & Bassnectar - Elevate*

Like Datsik on Facebook
Like Bassnectar on Facebook

Skrillex and Kaskade have also been working together recently and this electro house mix is the result. I heard it isn't being released until tomorrow, but golly gosh darn it you guys are so swell I figured I'd give it to you today. Enjoy!
*Kaskade & Skrillex - Lick It (Original Mix)*

Like Kaskade on Facebook
Like Skrillex on Facebook
Dislike Skrillex on Facebook (for all the haters)


I'm still warming up to the moombahton genre but this track is definitely a keeper. Wick-it the Instigator is a Tennessee DJ/producer with tracks spanning across multiple genres and styles. Be it moomba, dubstep, drumstep or a mashup, Wick-it does it all with a little dose of humor thrown into the mix. Be sure to check out his page to see (ie hear) what I mean!
*The Heavy - How You Like Me Now (Wick-it Moombahton Remix)*

Like Wick-it the Instigator on Facebook
Wick-it's Soundcloud


Finally, here's an upbeat tune Dillon Francis released that definitely brightened up my Monday. While listening to it my face couldn't decide between smiling and making the thizz face so I ended up looking like I had smelled something horrible. Stand in front of a mirror while this is playing and you'll see what I mean.
*Dillon Francis - I.D.G.A.F.O.S.*

Download Dillon Francis - I.D.G.A.F.O.S.
Like Dillon Francis on Facebook


Thanks everyone for supporting the site! Be sure to 'Like' SLO BASS for more posts and insight into EDM on the Central Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment